Hundreds of women try out for a shot at 'The Bachelor'


KIRKLAND, Wash. - Hundreds of women lined up in Kirkland on Saturday for a chance at romance and stardom during anopen casting call for ABC's reality show "The Bachelor."
All were hoping to make the cut - and find love.
"You know I've had a really hard time dating in Seattle, so if I can find somebody on TV - then so be it," says one contestant, Jaymee Espinueva. Another contestant, Sarah Stokes, brought her current love, her little pet dog Yogi.
"He's brought a lot of attention so far. He's my man. No. 1 man in my life," she says.
All of the contestants were hoping they have what producers are looking for. Last season several women from Western Washington made it onto the show.
"We're looking for all sorts of types," says Divida Vaccaro, senior casting producer."We don't really know until we see it, I can honestly say. We are looking for young girls that a willing to take a chance on finding love."
Every contestant gets several pictures taken, and then goes through a series of interviews. They are asked a battery of questions - whether they have ever been married or divorced, whether they have children - and plenty more.
But reality TV means drama. So these young women also must ask themselves if they really want to go through all the emotion and conflict.
"I'm probably one of the older ladies in this crowd," says Espinueva. "I've seen it all. I've been through it all."
"Gonna be the man of my dreams," says Stokes. "I mean - why not fight for him, and why not find him on TV and have our love story captured."
And you never know - producers say they are always keeping their eye open for the next Bachelorette.

No comments:

Post a Comment